Τρίτη 7 Μαΐου 2019

Saturday, 4 May 2019
***NOTICE***

[Note:  O Allos Anthropos is in need of 3.300 euros to pay the first six months’ rent in advance for the significant rent discount which will allow them to remain in their rented space.  This rent is due on May 1, with a deadline of May 20.  If they cannot come up with the rent, they will have to move out and discontinue the efforts described below.]

WE’RE NOT QUITTING...
I see, I understand that it is difficult, very difficult for us to collect the money for the new space.  I simply want to let you know that EVEN IF we’ve come full circle as THE OTHER PERSON, and EVEN IF we end our efforts, there are people who will continue them even if it’s only once per week.  It’s possible that we’ll end our daily cooking with communication, respect, solidarity, but it will exist.

The thing that’s going to upset me and, I think, many (not all) of us is the house.  I’m / We’re going to miss the daily greeting from the 100-150 people who’ve been coming to the house and having coffee with us, who took their showers in our bathroom, who ironed their clothes and our clothes as well. 

I’m especially going to miss the children and teens who came for supplemental tutoring lessons.  I’ll miss their shouts, laughter, tears, and struggles.

I’ll miss the theatre company with their rehearsals, their voices, my complaining about how long the rehearsal was lasting...

I’ll miss the gathering of the 450 families that came with dignity every month to get food to last the entire month.

I’ll miss the September gatherings where we distributed the school lists [items] to those who didn’t have them.

I’ll miss the cutting of the New Year’s vasilopita bread.  I’ll miss the large Easter candles which gave the children and us such happiness.

I’ll miss many of you—not having daily contact.

BUT we’ve said “every obstacle happens for a reason”...nothing has ended yet...hope and struggle are what keep us alive.

WE’RE NOT QUITTING...

Whoever can help, we need you here.  The money is here, and you need to know that if we don’t manage to collect the 3.300 euros, by 20 May, whatever money has been collected will be returned.
NATIONAL BANK OF GREECE ACCOUNT NUMBER 084/609402-35 and
IBAN GR7801100840000008460940235
Panagoula Polychronopoulou, daughter of Michail
(Παναγουλα Πολυχρονοπουλου του Μιχαιλ)
SWIFT / BIC: ETHNGRAA
-----------------------------------
PAYPAL ACCOUNT:  https://www.paypal.me/oallosanthropos

1 σχόλιο: